Tuesday, January 3, 2012

2011...What a year!

Wow, 2011 was such an amazing year...where to begin??!

As I sat down to review my favorite moments of 2011 I was completely blown away with all of the fantastic things that happened at A Couple of Sweet Things. From taking classes with the "Sugar Master" himself; Ron Ben-Israel to creating a dream cake for a sweet little boy through my favorite organization, Icing Smiles--the year was stellar. But, I have to say my favorite part of 2011 was having the honor of designing so many awesome wedding cakes for some seriously fantastic couples.

Here are just a few of my favorite moments from 2011...what is your favorite?


#1 Ron Ben-Israel

What can I say this was a dream. come. true.



#2 Ellenberger/Wyns Wedding

I simply loved working with Karen and Brian on their wedding cake. Karen knew exactly what she wanted...and that was sugar paste flowers!



#3 Clayton/George Wedding

I knew from the minute I met with BethAnne Clayton that her wedding was going to be amazing. Her attention to detail was second to none. When we met BethAnne gave me a design package that included antique keys, custom stationary and a fabric swatch from her dress...this is what we came up with.


#4 Skinner/Wilson Wedding

I LOVE this cake, can you say YUM?! I met Stephanie years ago when we both worked at Starbucks slinging coffee. When she contacted me to make her cake I was soooo excited. I just knew we would be able to come up with a sweet design to match her wedding theme...



#5 Icing Smiles

If you haven't heard of Icing Smiles please visit their website to find out more. They are an amazing organization provides custom celebration cakes to families impacted by the critical illness of a child. I love this organization and was THRILLED to receive my first call to action. This was my first Icing Smiles dream cake...hopefully I will have many more.


#6 Abrams/Tobe Wedding

This cake made the list for many reasons. First off I love the Sweet & Saucy inspired design--who doesn't love a huge cascading flower? I also had the privilege of working with Leslie Jones of Leslie Jones Weddings again...she is phenomenal. And lastly, I was 8 months pregnant and required a team of helpers (friends and family) to get this monster cake to the J.W. Marriott in one piece--memories I won't soon forget!


And I just couldn't leave out these two...because, well, I love them :o)

Clark/Sommers Wedding...a total Fav!


Johnson/Griglione Wedding--Gorgeous!


Well that about wraps it up...I am sure I could have made a top 25 list..but I'll stop at my top 8 ;-) Here's to a new year full of great possibilities and successes!

Thanks for checking out my fav's of 2011!

Jenny


1 comment:

Sheila said...

I live right by the Sweet and Saucy bake shop! All of the cakes you made is my favorite! WOW, so beautiful and creative.

-Shediva1